In the future, more and more laptops will have touchscreen displays. If you want to have one now, it’s good to know that the Acer Aspire V5-571P-6648 is one of the first full-size 15.6-inch laptops with touch input capability and touch-optimized Windows 8 OS.
Other than the touchscreen feature, the V5-571P-6648 doesn’t bring any excitement when it comes to technology, but it’s worth noting its thin profile measuring 1 inch and backlight keyboard. To make the sleek design possible, Acer has used the ultrabook-class ultra-low voltage Intel Core i3-2377M dual-core processor. RAM is 4GB large, while the hard drive has a capacity of 500GB. Although the notebook is very thin, Acer has managed to put a DVD drive in it.
Unfortunately, there isn’t enough room inside it for a full-size 6-cell notebook battery. Instead, the V5-571P-6648 has a four-cell unit in it, but there is no info on battery life.
Acer Aspire V5-571P-6648 Specifications
- Display: 15.6″ LED-backlit touch-screen display, 1366 x 768 resolution
- Processor: 2nd Gen Intel Core i3-2377M processor, 3MB L3 cache, 1.5GHz CPU speed
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000
- Memory: 4GB DDR3 memory
- Storage: 500GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm)
- Optical drive: DVD burner
- Webcam: 1.3MP HD webcam
- Audio: Optimized Dolby Advanced Audio v2
- Network: Wireless-N, Gigabit LAN, Bluetooth 4.0 + HS interface
- Input: backlit full-sized keyboard wit numeric pad, multigesture touchpad with 2-finger scroll, pinch, rotate and flip support, touch-screen
- Ports and Slots: 1 USB 3.0 port and 2 USB 2.0 ports, HDMI and VGA port, 2-in-1 media reader
- Battery: 4-cell lithium-ion battery
- Dimensions: 1 x 15 x 10 inches
- Weight: 5.3 pounds
- OS: Windows 8 64-bit
- Warranty: 1-year
Have a comment, question, or user review? Share it with us in the comment section below.