The Walmart 2011 Black Friday laptop door-buster has been revealed. It’s the Compaq Presario CQ57-319QM (#CQ57-319M in the BF ad) by HP, priced at only $198.
Walmart’s Black Friday ad contains this full size laptop with a 15.6-inch display, but its processor is more suitable for netbooks. The CPU is the low-power AMD Fusion C-50 dual-core at 1GHz with the Radeon HD 6250 graphics and 1080p HD video decoding capability. For comparison the Intel Atom N570 dual-core netbook processor is faster in various benchmarks than the C-50 when it comes to CPU performance, but the C-50 has a better GPU. The Compaq Presario CQ57-319WM includes 2GB of RAM, a 250GB hard drive, built-in webcam, 2-in-1 card reader, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
The CQ57-229QM comes with a DVD burner, webcam, three USB ports, VGA output, LAN port, and Windows 7 Home Premium. There’s no info on HDMI, so it’s apparently not present on the notebook.
Compaq Presario CQ57-319QM (CQ57-319M) Specifications
- Display: 15.6″ (1366×768 resolution)
- Processor: AMD C-50 dual-core 1GHz APU
- Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6250 integrated
- RAM: 2GB
- HDD: 250GB
- Optical Drive: DVD burner
- Internet: Wi-Fi, Ethernet LAN
- Webcam: Yes
- Speakers: stereo, Altec Lansing
- Ports and slots: 3xUSB 2.0, VGA, 2-in-1 media card reader, no word on HDMI
- Battery: six-cell
- Dimensions: 14.8 x 9.72 x 1.23 inches
- Weight: 5.5 pounds
- OS: Windows 7 Home Premium
So that’s it – a 15.6″ laptop for $198 at Walmart on November 25th.
Note: This article was published on November 10th and updated on November 25th.