The Dell Inspiron I15RSE-1667ALU from the Special Edition 15R series is a well equipped laptop in every aspect. With a price of about $850, the notebook is more expensive than majority of 15.6-inchers on the market, but the components and features are top notch. In its aluminum “stealth black” chassis, the I15RSE-1667ALU packs the 3rd Generation Intel Core i5-3210M processor running at up to 3.1GHz, the AMD Radeon HD 7730M 2GB dedicated video card, 6GB of DDR3 system memory, a spacious 750GB hard drive, and DVD burner. Furtnermore, the notebook has full HD display resolution and backlight keyboard, which are both premium features.
The list of good features doesn’t end here. The laptop has Skullcandy stereo speakers and a 1MP web camera.
Connectivity of the Dell’s I15RSE-1667ALU is delivered via four USB 3.0 ports, HDMI and VGA, 8-in-1 card reader, Wi-Fi, Gigabit LAN, and Bluetooth.
Overall, this is one of the best equipped laptops for under $1,000. If processing power of the i5 is of a concern, you can check out the I15RSE-6167BK with a quad-core i7 chip, more RAM, and $100 higher price.
Dell Inspiron I15RSE-1667ALU Specifications:
- Display: 15.6″ HD widescreen display (1900 x 1080 px)
- Processor: 3rd Gen Intel Core i5-3210M processor, 3MB cache, 2.5GHz clock with Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
- Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7730M graphics with 2GB dedicated video memory
- Memory: 6GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory, expandable to 8GB
- Storage: 750GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm), 32GB Solid State Drive
- Optical drive: DVD burner
- Webcam: 1.0MP HD webcam
- Audio: 2x2W stereo speakers, Waves MaxxAudio 4
- Network: Wireless-N, Gigabit LAN, Bluetooth
- Input: full sized keyboard with numeric pad and backlight, touchpad with multigesture support and on/off button
- Ports and Slots: 4 USB 3.0, HDMI and VGA port, 8-in-1 media reader
- Battery: 6-cell lithium-ion
- Dimensions: 1.3 x 14.9 x 9.9 inches
- Weight: 6.1 pounds
- OS: Windows 8
- Warranty: 1-year