The Dell XPS XPSD12-5335CRBFB is a Windows 8-based thin and light 12.5-inch touchscreen ultrabook laptop, but not a usual one. Instead of a simple touch-enabled display, the XPSD12-5335CRBFB, as well as the whole XPS 12 series, has one that rotates within its frame and with this feature it is a unique convertible laptop on the market today. In addition, the screen is 1080p and is covered edge-to-edge with Corning Gorilla-branded scratch resistant glass.
This laptop / tablet hybrid meets ultrabook standards, since it has a thinness of 0.8 inches, an ultra-low voltage processor, and a solid state drive. It comes with the Intel Core i5-3317U, which is a higher-mid-range solution in the ultrabook CPU category.
The processor delivers graphics via the integrated Intel HD 4000 and the notebook incorporates a 128GB SSD and 4GB of DDR3 memory. Due to its ultraportable form factor and thinness, there’s a lot to be desired in the ports department. Dell’s XPSD12-5335CRBFB has only two USBs and a Mini Display Port, so it lacks commonly adopted HDMI, VGA, and media card reader. It doesn’t even have an Ethernet jack.
The convertible currently costs about $1,200.
Dell XPS XPSD12-5335CRBFB Specifications
- Display: 12.5-inch touchscreen, full HD (1080p) resolution, edge-to-edge scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass, flip hinge convertibility
- Processor: 3rd Generation Intel Core i5-3317U dual-core ultra-low voltage, 1.7GHz, up to 3.1GHz via TurboBoost
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Memory: 4GB DDR3
- Storage: 128GB solid state drive
- Optical drive: none
- Webcam: 1.3MP
- Audio: Stereo speakers 2 x 1W
- Network: Wireless-N, Bluetooth
- Input: full-size backlight keyboard, spill-resistant, touchpad with multitouch gesture support
- Ports and Slots: 1 x USB 3.0 + 1 x USB 3.0/eSATA, Mini Display Port, audio jack
- Battery: 6-cell 47WHr lithium-ion battery
- Dimensions: 0.59″ – 0.79″ x 12.48″ x 8.46″
- Weight: 3.4 pounds
- OS: Windows 8
- Warranty: 1-year