Let’s be clear right away. The new 15.6-inch HP 2000-2c20dx is an affordable and solidly equipped notebook, but the Toshiba Satellite C855-S5108 with the same price of $380 is a better choice. That’s because it features the newer, faster, and more power efficient 3rd Gen Core i3-3110M processor instead of the older 2nd Gen Intel Core i3-2328M.
Overall, the HP 2000-2c20dx with 4GB of RAM, 500GB HDD, a DVD burner, and HDMI delivers solid performance and feature set for day-to-day tasks and multimedia, but it really doesn’t bring any improvements over the mentioned Toshiba. As a matter of fact, the Toshiba additionally provides USB 3.0 technology and one USB port more than on the 2000-2c20dx, so it is a clear winner at the $380 price point.
HP 2000-2c20dx Specifications
- Display: 15.6″ LED at 1366 x 768 pixels, glossy
- Processor: 2nd Generation Intel Core i3-2328M at 2.2GHz, 3MB L3 cache, 2.2GHz
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000
- Memory: 4GB DDR3, expandable up to 8GB
- Storage: 500GB hard drive at 5400rpm
- Optical drive: DVD writer
- Webcam: 720p webcam
- Audio: Altec Lansing stereo speakers
- Network: Wi-Fi 802.11n, Ethernet LAN, no Bluetooth
- Input: full-size keyboard, centered (without number pad), touchpad with multitouch support
- Ports and Slots: 3 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI, 1 x VGA, multi-in-one card reader
- Battery: 6-cell lithium-ion battery
- Dimensions: 1.4″ x 14.8″ x 9.7″
- Weight: 5.4 lbs
- OS: Windows 8
- Warranty: 1-year
Have a comment, question, or user review? Share it with us in the comment section below.