Although the product pages at Best Buy say the HP m6-1125dx is from the higher-end Envy notebook lineup, it’s actually a mistake since the m6 models are from the standard Pavilion series (HP has actually re-branded their Pavilion m-series, which is now Envy m). Nevertheless, the m6-1125dx sports the latest 3rd Generation Intel Core i5-3210M “Ivy Bridge” dual-core processor with TurboBoost and HyperThreading technologies for snappier performance, as well as 8GB of RAM and a 750GB hard drive. With these specs, the notebook is an above average one, except when it comes to graphics which is the Intel HD 4000.
The m6 Pavilion can be easily mixed up with the Envy notebooks, because of the stylish cases with brushed aluminum on both laptops. The 1125dx model comes in silver color and has a backlight keyboard as another nice touch, further blurring the line between the Pavilion and Envy series. In addition, both come with Beats Audio technology.
The main difference is pricing, with the $730 price tag for the m6-1125dx, while the Envy non-ultrabook models with standard voltage processors (15t-3200) start at $1,000. This makes the m6 a pretty much good choice for users wanting a full-size and full-performance laptop with premium design and included Windows 8 out-of-the-box makes any upgrade worries obsolete.
HP Envy m6-1125dx Specifications
- Display: 15.6″ LED-backlit BrightView (glare type) at 1366 x 768 pixels
- Processor: 3rd Generation Intel Core i5-3210M dual core processor, 2.5GHz speed (Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz)
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Memory: 8GB DDR3 SDRAM, expandable to 16GB
- Storage: 750GB hard drive at 5400 rpm
- Optical drive: DVD burner
- Webcam: HP TrueVision HD webcam
- Audio: Stereo speakers 2.1 (with subfoower), Beats Audio
- Network: Wireless-N, Gigabit LAN, no Bluetooth
- Input: full-size backlight keyboard with numeric pad, touchpad with multitouch gesture support and on/off button, fingerprint reader
- Ports and Slots: 3 USB 3.0 ports, 1 USB 2.0 port, HDMI and VGA video ports, multi-in-one media card reader
- Battery: 6-cell lithium-ion battery
- Dimensions: 1 x 14.9 x 9.9 inches
- Weight: 5.3 lbs.
- OS: Windows 8 64-bit
- Warranty: 1-year
Have a comment, question, or user review? Share it with us in the comment section below.