The laptop model g7-2251dx from HP’s Pavilion g series is a 17.3-incher with the AMD A8-4500M quad-core processor including the Radeon HD 7640G integrated graphics. As you can see from the chart below, despite being a quad-core chip, it provides just mid-range performance.
However, that’s expected at the notebook’s ~$400 price point. Four gigabytes of RAM and a 500GB hard drive are average for the class. Good selling points of the g7-2251dx are its large screen with 1600×900 resolution and a spacious keyboard with numeric pad, but the laptop isn’t remarkable when ti comes to design. It’s made of glossy plastics painted in black in this case.
HP Pavilion g7-2251dx Specifications
- Display: 17.3″ LED-backlit, BrightView technology (1600 x 900) resolution
- Processor: AMD Quad-Core A8-4500M Accelerated Processor at 1.9GHz clock speed up to 2.8GHz, 4MB L2 Cache
- Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7640G graphics with 2029MB video memory
- Memory: 4GB DDR3 SDRAM memory
- Storage: 500GB HDD (5400 rpm)
- Optical drive: DVD burner
- Webcam: HP TrueVision HD Webcam
- Audio: Altec Lansing stereo speakers, Dolby Advanced Audio
- Network: Wireless-N, 10/100Base-T Ethernet LAN, no Bluetooth
- Input: Full-sized island-style keyboard with numeric keypad, and Touchpad with multitouch gesture
- Ports and Slots: 2 x USB 3.0 ports, 1 x USB 2.0 port, 1 x HDMI, 1 x VGA, multi-format media card reader
- Battery: 6-cell 47WHr 2.2 Ah lithium-ion battery
- Dimensions: 1.5 x 16.2 x 10.5 inches
- Weight: 6.57 pounds
- OS: Windows 8
- Warranty: 1-year
Have a comment, question, or user review? Share it with us in the comment section below.