If you are interested in the Toshiba Satellite C855D-5203 $300 laptop, but worried about its small 2GB RAM and under-powered processor, you can check out the C855D-S5205 model with 4GB RAM and a faster CPU at a bit higher price of $330.
Extra 2GB of RAM and the AMD E-450 processor instead of the E-300 are valuable upgrades and are definitively worth of additional $30.
Check out the E-450 vs E-300 PassMark scores:
AMD E-450 APU – 732
AMD E-300 APU – 589
Graphics performance difference is not so big, since both integrated GPUs are almost identical in terms of specs.
Radeon HD 6310 – 202
Radeon HD 6320 – 236
The C855D-S5205 retains some disadvantages of its cheaper sibling, such as a lack of HDMI and USB 3.0 support.
Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5205 Specifications
- Display: 15.6″ at 1366-by-768 pixels, glossy surface
- Processor: AMD “Brazos”-series E-450 dual-core at 1.65GHz, 1MB cache
- Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6320 inegrated GPU
- Memory: 4GB DDR3 1,333MHz, expandable to maximal 16GB, 2 slots
- Storage: 320GB hard drive at 5,400rpm
- Optical Drive: DVD burner
- Webcam: Yes, with microphone
- Audio: Stereo speakers
- Network: 802.11n Wi-Fi, 10/100 LAN, no Bluetooth
- Input: Isle-style keyboard with num-pad, without backlight, multi-touch touchpad with physical buttons
- Ports and Slots: 3 x USB 2.0, VGA, multi-in-1 media card reader, no HDMI support
- Battery: 6 cell 48Wh Lithium-Ion, “up to 5 hours and 3 minutes” run time measured using MobileMark Productivity 2007
- Dimensions: 1.3″ x 15″ x 9.5″
- Weight: 5.5 pounds
- OS: Windows 7 Home Premium
- Warranty: 1-year