Since recently, new laptop models have started appearing with the same specifications as some older ones. One of the examples is the Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5307, which is identical to the discontinued C855D-S5110. True, there may be differences such as different Wi-Fi cards or hard drive models, but generally these are the same laptops. Judging from the product pages, the only difference is $10 lower price tag on the C855D-S5307, which costs $360.
The 15.6-inch textured matte plastics-cladded laptops have the AMD A6-4400M dual-core processor, 4GB of RAM, and a 500GB hard disk, besides a DVD burner, stereo speakers, webcam, HDMI, and three USB ports.
Toshiba’s C855D-S5307 is clearly a budget mobile machine with capability to effortlessly complete your routine computing tasks. Performance-wise, it has a clear lead over similar models with the AMD E-series processors. Therefore, the S5307 delivers optimal price / performance ratio for users who don’t need a high-end laptop for 3D gaming or any similar highly intensive task.
Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5307 Specifications
- Display: 15.6″ LED-backlit TFT HD widescreen display, TruBrite technology, glossy, 1366 x 768 px
- Processor: AMD A6-4400M Accelerated CPU, clock speed at 2.7GHz (with Turbo up to 3.2GHz), 1MB on die level 2 cache
- Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7520G graphics
- Memory: 4GB DDR3 memory, expandable to 16GB max, two RAM slots
- Storage: 500GB Serial ATA HDD (5400 rpm)
- Optical drive: DVD burner
- Webcam: HD webcam
- Audio: stereo speakers, Toshiba audio enhancement
- Network: 802.11n wireless, 10/100 Ethernet LAN, no Bluetooth
- Input: full-size keyboard with numeric-pad and touchpad
- Ports and Slots: 1 x USB 3.0 port, 2 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x HDMI, 1 x VGA, multi-format memory card reader
- Battery: 6-cell lithium-ion
- Dimensions: 1.3 x 15 x 9.5 in
- Weight: 5.5 lbs
- OS: Windows 8
- Warranty: 1-year