The main characteristics of the Toshiba Satellite P845T-S4102 are its 14″ touch-enabled display, the Intel Core i5-3337U ultra-low voltage processor, 8GB of RAM, a 750GB hard drive, and a silver etched aluminum chassis supplemented by a backlit tile-style keyboard.
Toshiba’s P845T-S4102 also has a DVD burner, a six cell battery delivering up to 4 hours and 46 minutes of run time according to the manufacturer, stereo speakers, Intel Wireless Display support, four USB 3.0 ports, HDMI and VGA, and a media card reader.
When it comes to performance, the included i5-3337U chip is a mid-range part of the latest “Ivy Bridge” ultra-low voltage lineup which is designed for use in ultrabooks and other thin laptops. Here’s its comparison against some other chips from the lineup and the standard-voltage i5-3210M.
The notebook can be found currently for about $750.
Regarding the touchscreen alternatives to the P845T-S4102, there are on the market models such as the P845T-S4305 with a core i3, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD and non-baclit keyboard for $580, the Acer Aspire M5-481PT-6644 with the same i5 CPU and screen size, 6GB memory, a 500GB drive, and backlight keyboard for about $700, and various other touchscreen laptops.
Toshiba Satellite P845T-S4102 Specifications
- Display: 14-inch touch-screen, 1366 x 768 screen resolution
- Processor: 3rd Gen “Ivy Bridge” Intel Core i5-3337U dual-core at 1.8-2.7GHz, 3MB cache
- Graphics: Intel HD 4000
- Memory: 8GB DDR3 at 1,600MHz, maximal 16GB
- Storage: 750GB hard disk at 5,400rpm
- Optical drive: DVD burner
- Webcam: Yes, HD
- Audio: stereo speakers, SRS Premium Sound 3D
- Network: 802.11n wireless, 10/100 Ethernet LAN, no Bluetooth
- Input: Premium raised-tile keyboard and clickpad with multitouch support
- Ports and Slots: 4 x USB 3.0 ports, 1 x HDMI, 1 x VGA, multi-format card reader
- Battery: 6-cell 48Wh lithium-ion battery, “up to 4 hours and 46 minutes”
- Dimensions: 1.1 x 13.7 x 9.2 inches
- Weight: 4.3 pounds
- OS: Windows 8
- Warranty: 1-year
Have a comment, question, or user review? Share it with us in the comment section below.